CNA Renewal CEU
DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF STUDENTS, OUR CNA COORDINATORS ARE REQUIRING MANDATORY ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR FACE-TO-FACE COURSES
Approved by the California Board of Nursing CEP# 15273 for continuing education for CNAs and HHAs.
Register for our
Face-to-face Classroom Course : $50*
** $50 or 5 hours need to be paid for to Reserve Seat
-If you need more hours, you can easily ADD ON during registration by clicking the “Register” button
Location: WilShire LA
Location: San Bernardino
BLS/CPR (4 Hours) : $60*
(Wilshire LA Only)
Bloodborne Pathogens (6 Hours): $90*
Get a Special Discount Code when you enroll later
Heartsaver CPR+AED (4 Hours): $50*
Online CEU (24 CEU): $29.50*
*** San Bernadino Address ***
504 North Mountain View Ave Suite 209 San Bernardino Ca, 92401
How to Re-new your CNA LICENSE in California
As a California CNA, you will need a total of 48 hours of continuing education to renew your license.
- CNA certificates must be renewed every two (2) years. You may renew your certificate any time within two (2) years after the expiration date of your certificate.
- Please bring ALL your paperwork from your work & the board if you registered for LIVE or CLASSROOM Course.
BREAKDOWN OF HOURS:
- The board will allow you to take 24 hours online and you need to be in an actual “Live” or “Face to Face” classroom setting for the rest of the 24 Hours.
- A Minimum of twelve (12) of the forty eight (48) Hours shall be completed in each year of the two (2) year certification period.
- A Maximum of twenty four (24) Hours maybe obtained only throught CDPH-approved online computer training program.
- A CNA may take ALL needed CEUs in classroom/face-to-face setting BUT not all should be taken in the same renewal year**
- **NOT calendar year because it depends on birthdate
For the 24 Live Classroom hours —
*** Half (12 hours) of the 24 need to be completed in first year and other half in the second year i.e.: If your expiration year is 2016 — you need to have attended an inservice or ceu classroom activity 12 hours in 2014 and another 12 hours in 2015
Creativeresol-ve Healthcare Ed has been approved by the California Board of Nursing CEP# 15273 for continuing education for CNAs and HHAs.
If your license is expiring soon — please register for an Online or Live Classroom course ASAP
If you have less than 48 HOURS
- Educate Simplify Live Classroom Courses are available for up to 24 hours – SEE ABOVE
- Educate Simplify Live Classroom Courses will provide you with instant certificate – SEE ABOV
Do you need to print out RENEWAL Application Documents?
Click on our “Owlie” picture and go to the “If you’re a CNA in California …..”
What the CDPH or “The Board” says you need:
*** For CNAs who let their license expire or Lapse — you need to be re-tested again
A) CNA RENEWALS
1) CNA certificates must be renewed every two (2) years. You may renew your certificate any time within two (2) years after the expiration date of your certificate, if by the time your certificate expires you will have completed the following:
a) You have previously received and maintained criminal record clearance for CNA, HHA, Intermediate Care Facility- Developmentally Disabled (ICF-DD), DD Habilitative, or DD Nursing and a criminal clearance is granted; and
b) You have provided nursing or nursing-related services in a facility to residents for compensation (under the supervision of a licensed health professional) within your most recent certification period; and
c) You have successfully obtained and submitted documentation of forty-eight (48) hours of In-Service Training/CEUs within your most recent certification period. A minimum of twelve (12) of the forty-eight (48) hours shall be completed in each year of the two (2) year certification period. A maximum of twenty-four (24) of the forty-eight (48) hours may be obtained only through a CDPH-approved online computer training program listed on CDPH website. Please visit www.cdph.ca.gov for a complete listing of CDPH-approved online computer training programs.
B) HHA RENEWALS
1) HHA certificates must be renewed every two (2) years. You may renew your certificate any time within four (4) years after the expiration date of your certificate, if by the time your certificate expires you will have completed the following:
a) You have successfully obtained twenty-four (24) hours of In-Service Training/CEUs within your most recent certification period.
A minimum of twelve (12) of the twenty-four (24) hours shall be completed in each year of the two (2) year certification period.
2) If you have an active CNA certificate, you may renew at the same time as your HHA. Renewing the CNA and HHA certificates together requires the completion and submission of forty-eight (48) hours of In-Service Training/CEUs.
C) CNA REACTIVATION
1) If you are unable to meet renewal requirements and your certificate has not been expired for more than two (2) years, you may reactivate the certificate by taking the Competency Evaluation. To reactivate the CNA certificate, please submit this completed Renewal Application (CDPH 283 C), making sure to check the “yes” box for question number six (6) in the “Reactivation” section. If approved, a Competency Evaluation approval letter will be sent to you, along with information needed to schedule the examination. You must complete the examination within two (2) years from your certificates expiration date. Once you have successfully passed the examination, maintained criminal record clearance, and the results from the testing vendor have been received, CDPH will issue a current CNA certificate.
D) IN-SERVICE TRAINING/CEUS
1) All CDPH-approved In-Service Training classes are accepted.
2) Continuing education classes may be taken at CDPH-approved providers, community/state colleges, adult education or regional occupation programs, general acute care hospitals, American Red Cross or home health agencies, state long-term care ombudsman, or providers approved by the nursing boards.
a) A partial (but not limited to) list of acceptable continuing education classes are Anatomy, Physiology, Biology, Microbiology, Psychology, Chemistry, Anthropology, Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, Pharmacology, Medical Terminology, Epidemiology, Environment Medicine, Communication, Stress Management, Hygiene/Health, Nutrition, Languages, Diseases, Physiotherapeutic Massage, Therapeutic Physical Training, CPR, Ethics, Child Development, Maternal Health, Pediatrics, Geriatric courses, Mathematical courses, Sign Language, Environmental Medicine, Holistic Medicine, Phlebotomy, or First Aid.
You must submit a copy of your school transcript to verify your enrollment.
3) Licensed Vocational Nurse / Registered Nurse / Licensed Psychiatric Technician Programs: CNA certificate holders will be given credit for time in these programs by listing the courses taken and converting the units to hours as follows: semester unit = 15 hours, quarter unit = 10 hours. You must submit a copy of your school transcript to verify your enrollment.
4) HHA Training Program (40-hour program): Twenty six (26) of the forty (40-hour) training program may count towards CEUs.
More information is readily available at http://www.cdph.ca.gov/