IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal
Approved by American Registry of Radiology Technologist (ARRT) for 24 Category A+ CE credit For Rad Techs.
IV for LVNs : $265*
IV for RNs : $265*
IV for Allied Health: $265*
Reserve A Seat: $50*
TAKE OUR BLENDED IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Course!
(for RNs, RTs, Rad Techs & Allied Health)
Register for the class above.
Read the Confirmation Email instructions
Use the CODE from the Confirmation Email to take the THEORY portion ONLINE.
CLICK this link to take the Theory Portion ONLINE & show up for Saturday & Sunday Session (Don’t forget to bring your certificate of completion)
IV and Blood Withdrawal Course Los Angeles offered by Creativeresol-ve Educational Company is excellent for RNs looking to refresh their IV skills and a great way for LVNs to fulfill mandatory BVNPT course requirement.
We will focus on several different areas in IV and Blood Withdrawal methods, basic and advanced reviews, and cultivating skills and knowledge of Central lines, PICC lines, and IV pumps.
IV Therapy course will include review of human body and functions, importance of electrolytes and fluids, IV solution concentrations, IV preparation, vein selection [location, location, location] and live practice*.
* Last day of this course will involve guided venipuncture on fellow students.
*** Please bring in a proxy if you are unable to volunteer for IV hands-on.
Hours required by IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Licensure
LVNs are required to complete 36 hours and stay for the full 3 days
RNs are required to attend up to 20 hours and may leave after formal lecture ends.
RNs may also opt to take study materials home and forego 1st day of class but are required to attend 2nd and 3rd day of class.
Allied Health participants – please discuss your needed hours with our class coordinator @ 213 300 5045.
IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Course Description
Why be IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal certified?
First of all, certification ensures professional development in the field. It ensures patient safety. BVNPT as certifying board in the field ensures that those who performs Intravenous practice are capable and has the required knowledge in the field.
In the completion of Iv Therapy and Blood Withdrawal course, YOU will be able to:
- List the areas of anatomy primarily used in the initiation of Intravenous Therapy (IV).
- List the Physiological reasons for IV.
- Name the different pieces used and the reasons for their use.
- Name the different types of IV solutions used and the reasons for their use.
- List the use of Hyperalimentation and Lipid use, and what patients would require them.
- Know the major electrolytes, their functions, and symptoms of excess or deficit.
- Accurately calculate IV drip rates for manual flow control.
- List the different sites available, means of protecting the sites and proper patient preparation for IV Therapy.
- List of the steps of the IV insertion procedure, with emphasis on the safety issues.
- Give reasons why a patient should need a Central catheter and the nurses role in the insertion of the line.
- Give reasons why a patient should require blood transfusions and the nurses role in the insertion of the line.
- List the complication and the trouble shooting measures of IV Therapy.
- Successfully fulfill the requirements of State of California LVN Board in the practical application of IV insertion.
A place in the class has been reserved JUST FOR YOU. We understand that situations beyond your control may arise, requiring you to cancel and reschedule a class. Please give at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend.NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED.
There will be a 60% Refund fee for credit card and cash transactions if participant decides to cancel after the class schedule or when the class ended already and $40 Refund fee if cancelled before or during the class schedule.
We suggest you reschedule instead.
Class must be rescheduled within 60 days (Provider Courses).
To cancel and/or reschedule a class, please call 213 300 5045 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CreativeResol-ve Educational Company provides American Heart Association CPR BLS Provider and Instructor certifications and renewals throughout Southern California including Orange County, LA County, San Diego County, and Riverside County, as well as, San Luis Obispo County and Sacramento County.