CNA Renewal CEU
DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF STUDENTS, OUR CNA COORDINATORS ARE REQUIRING MANDATORY ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR FACE-TO-FACE COURSES
Approved by the California Board of Nursing CEP# 15273 for continuing education for CNAs and HHAs.
Register for our
Face-to-face Classroom Course : $50*
** $50 or 5 hours need to be paid for to Reserve Seat
-If you need more hours, you can easily ADD ON during registration by clicking the “Register” button
Location: WilShire LA
BLS/CPR (4 Hours) : $60*
(Wilshire LA Only)
Get a Special Discount Code when you enroll later
Heartsaver CPR+AED (4 Hours): $50*
Online CEU (24 CEU): $29.50*
CNA Exam Preparation: $16/Hour
*** San Bernadino Address ***
504 North Mountain View Ave Suite 209 San Bernardino Ca, 92401
How to Re-new your CNA LICENSE in California
As a California CNA, you will need a total of 48 hours of continuing education to renew your license.
- CNA certificates must be renewed every two (2) years. You may renew your certificate any time within two (2) years after the expiration date of your certificate.
- Please bring ALL your paperwork from your work & the board if you registered for LIVE or CLASSROOM Course.
UNDERSTANDING THE CERTIFICATION PERIOD:
- The initial CNA/HHA certificate is issued for two birthdays, not twocalendar years, and will expire on your birthday. Each year of the certification period will be from one birthday to the following birthday. Any additional time from the effective date until the first birthday will be counted towards the first year of the certification period.Example:Effective Date – 03/20/18Expiration Date – 05/15/20Birthday – 05/15/XX
- First year of certification period – 03/20/18 – 05/15/19
- Second year of certification period – 05/16/19 – 05/15/20
- From the expiration date on, it will expire every two years
- Next certification period
- First year of certification period – 05/15/20 – 05/15/21
- Second year of the certification period – 05/16/21 – 05/15/22
For the 24 Live Classroom hours —
*** Half (12 hours) of the 24 need to be completed in first year and other half in the second year i.e.: If your expiration year is 2016 — you need to have attended an inservice or ceu classroom activity 12 hours in 2014 and another 12 hours in 2015
Creativeresol-ve Healthcare Ed has been approved by the California Board of Nursing CEP# 15273 for continuing education for CNAs and HHAs.
If your license is expiring soon — please register for an Online or Live Classroom course ASAP
If you have less than 48 HOURS
- Educate Simplify Live Classroom Courses are available for up to 24 hours – SEE ABOVE
- Educate Simplify Live Classroom Courses will provide you with instant certificate – SEE ABOVE
Do you need to print out RENEWAL Application Documents?
Click on our “Owlie” picture and go to the “If you’re a CNA in California …..”
What the CDPH or “The Board” says you need:
*** For CNAs who let their license expire or Lapse — you need to be re-tested again
A) CNA RENEWALS
- A minimum of twelve (12) of the forty-eight (48) hours shall be completed in each year of the two (2) year certification period.
- A maximum of twenty-four (24) of the forty-eight (48) hours may be obtained only through a CDPH-approved online computer training program listed on our website.
Online CEU certificates must be attached to this form for validation.
Please visit www.cdph.ca.gov for a complete listing of CDPH-approved classroom and online co mputer CEU providers.
If the CDPH-approved HHA Training Program (40-hour program) was completed during the certification period, twenty-six (26) hours of the forty (40-hour) training program may count towards CEUs. Training less than 50 mintues increments cannot be counted towards the CEU/In-Service training renewal requirement.
B) HHA RENEWALS
C) CNA REACTIVATION
1) If you are unable to meet renewal requirements and your certificate has not been expired for more than two (2) years, you may reactivate the certificate by taking the Competency Evaluation. To reactivate the CNA certificate, please submit this completed Renewal Application (CDPH 283 C), making sure to check the “yes” box for question number six (6) in the “Reactivation” section. If approved, a Competency Evaluation approval letter will be sent to you, along with information needed to schedule the examination. You must complete the examination within two (2) years from your certificates expiration date. Once you have successfully passed the examination, maintained criminal record clearance, and the results from the testing vendor have been received, CDPH will issue a current CNA certificate.
NEW D) CONTINUING EDUCATION
E) CONTINUING IN-SERVICE TRAINING/CEUS
1) This training must be provided by a department-approved provider that is a health facility where the CNA/HHA has been employed within the most recent certification period.
F) Licensed Vocational Nurse / Registered Nurse / Licensed Psychiatric Technician Programs
More information is readily available at http://www.cdph.ca.gov/