IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Course
NEW OPTION: IV Therapy Online Certification Zoom
- Designed for refreshers and out of area RNs & Allied Health
- California LVNs not eligible
- Purchase and set-up of Practice Equipment is required before class date
- For Live Sticks, please have a volunteer on Stick Day
We’ve worked SO HARD to produce videos for you to become a better Healthcare Worker
TAKE OUR BLENDED IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Course!
- Register for the class above.
- Read the Confirmation Email instructions
- Use the CODE from the Confirmation Email to take the THEORY portion ONLINE.
- CLICK the link above to take the Theory Portion ONLINE & show up for Saturday & Sunday Session (Don’t forget to bring your certificate of completion)
Instruction for Zoom Sessions Only
(for RNs, RTs, Rad Techs & Allied Health, NOT eligible for California LVN)
Pre Skills Online:
(i) Complete Online Portion
(ii)Obtain Online Certificate of Completion
(iii) Pre-purchase and have Equipment set up
(iv) Practice with teacher via Zoom
(v) Check-off will be done on One-on-One basis
(vi) Allow for 3-4 hours of Practice
(vii Optional) For Live Actual Sticks, have a Volunteer on hand in your location
–Make sure the camera is close up while sticking your volunteer for coaching
Zoom is an add-on in the registration.
Purchase Equipment for IV Therapy Online
IV Therapy Practice Kit I
IV Therapy Practice Kit I
NOTE: Please see Kit List for missing items Make sure to set up & read instructions for your hand dummy prior to coming first class date
Required: IV Therapy Supplies
Required: IV Therapy
24 or 22 Gauge Needles (Min. 5)
Required: Blood Draw
20 Gauge Blood Draw Needle
Blood Collection Tubes (any color)
For IV Therapy & Blood Draw
4×4 Gauze Pad
3M Transpore Tape
Required (for IV & Blood Draw):
With Blood or Flashback Mechanism
IV therapy and Blood Withdrawal CourseIV therapy and Blood Withdrawal Course Los Angeles offered by Creativeresol-ve Educational Company is excellent for RNs looking to refresh their IV skills and a great way for LVNs to fulfill mandatory BVNPT course requirement. We will focus on several different areas in IV and Blood Withdrawal methods, basic and advanced reviews, and cultivating skills and knowledge of Central lines, PICC lines, and IV pumps. IV Therapy course will include review of human body and functions, importance of electrolytes and fluids, IV solution concentrations, IV preparation, vein selection [location, location, location] and live practice*. * Last day of this course will involve guided venipuncture on fellow students. *** Please bring in a proxy if you are unable to volunteer for IV hands-on.
Hours required by Intravenous Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Licensure
LVNs are required to complete 36 hours and stay for the full 3 days RNs are required to attend up to 20 hours and may leave after formal lecture ends. RNs may also opt to take study materials home and forego 1st day of class but are required to attend 2nd and 3rd day of class. Allied Health participants – please discuss your needed hours with our class coordinator @ 213 300 5045.
Why be Intravenous Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Certified?
First of all, certification ensures professional development in the field. It ensures patient safety. BVNPT as certifying board in the field ensures that those who performs Intravenous practice are capable and has the required knowledge in the field.
In the completion of Iv Therapy and Blood Withdrawal course, YOU will be able to:
- List the areas of anatomy primarily used in the initiation of Intravenous Therapy (IV).
- List the Physiological reasons for IV.
- Name the different pieces used and the reasons for their use.
- Name the different types of IV solutions used and the reasons for their use.
- List the use of Hyperalimentation and Lipid use, and what patients would require them.
- Know the major electrolytes, their functions, and symptoms of excess or deficit.
- Accurately calculate IV drip rates for manual flow control.
- List the different sites available, means of protecting the sites and proper patient preparation for IV Therapy.
- List of the steps of the IV insertion procedure, with emphasis on the safety issues.
- Give reasons why a patient should need a Central catheter and the nurses role in the insertion of the line.
- Give reasons why a patient should require blood transfusions and the nurses role in the insertion of the line.
- List the complication and the trouble shooting measures of IV Therapy.
- Successfully fulfill the requirements of State of California LVN Board in the practical application of IV insertion.
Educate simplify Refund/Cancellation/Reschedule Policy:
A place in the class has been reserved JUST FOR YOU. We understand that situations beyond your control may arise, requiring you to cancel and reschedule a class. Please give at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend.
NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED.
There will be a 60% Refund fee for credit card and cash transactions if participant decides to cancel after the class schedule or when the class ended already and $40 Refund fee if cancelled before or during the class schedule.
We suggest you reschedule instead.
Class must be rescheduled within 60 days (Provider Courses).
To cancel and/or reschedule a class, please call 213 300 5045 or email us at email@example.com
CreativeResol-ve Educational Company provides American Heart Association CPR BLS Provider and Instructor certifications and renewals throughout Southern California including Orange County, LA County, San Diego County, and Riverside County, as well as, San Luis Obispo County and Sacramento County.
How do I get an IV certification in California? Can a phlebotomist get IV certified in California? Can LVN start IV in California? How much does IV therapy pay in California? How much does an IV therapist earn in California? Can phlebotomists draw from an IV? How much does an IV certified LVN make in California? Is IV therapy the same as phlebotomy? What is the highest paid LVN in the US? IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Certification course Sacramento CA?
What type of LVN makes the most money? Is CNA better than phlebotomy? Is it easier to become an RN or LVN? What can an RN do that an LPN Cannot? Who can administer IV drips in California? IV Therapy and blood Withdrawal Certification near me? Who can give an IV in California? Can LPN do IV hydration? IV Certification classes for LVN? IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Certification Course Bay Area? BVNPT approved IV Certification? IV Certification class near me?